conceptnova

Helping you to bring your concepts and ideas to life.

What is Marketing~??


To be frank, this is not the best topic that I am going to talk about. I may not be the right person, or the right source, for others to listen to. I didn't even have any experiences on marketing.. but at least there are few things I'd really like to share with you...

I make this very general. What is Marketing~? Something important to every business and company~? It tends to reflect the performance of the business/company. Many big organizations are willing to spend lots of cash on marketing. Well, the purpose of doing marketing is basically to promote products or services. And there are so many ways that marketing can be done. It can either be TV commercials, adverts on newspapers, phamplets/brochures or even exhibitions.

Most people believe in marketing, but some people don't.. This is something we can't deny, the reason why people market their products or services is because they want to increase their sales. A good marketing plan with high-quality products would definitely sell.. A good marketing plan with low-quality products could even sell.. but I believe the most it can take will be not more than a year~! Bad marketing plan with high-quality products...(what do you think~?) and finally bad marketing plan with low-quality products could never live~!

To be based on experience, I do believe in good marketing. Few years ago, I went to a guitar shop in Klang. The intention was to survey the type of guitar that I might wanna buy later. My budget was around RM400 (maximum).. and while I was looking around trying the guitars that were available in that store, a chinese lady approached me. I told her that I was only going to survey.. no intention of purchasing at all. I even told her about my budget like.. but she kept on showing me few types that were in accordance to my taste. I didn't know what was going on.. I finally bought one. The price was RM450 (excess of RM50 from my budget).. I thought I was only going to that store to survey, but ended up I walked out of that store with a good guitar in my hand. The question is.. what was it, that has actually changed my mind~? Was it because of the way that chinese lady entertained me~? I didn't recall it as the main factor.. There was nothing so special in the way she treated me.. Then only I knew that the lady was doing a very good marketing. As far as I remembered, she has a very good knowledge in various types of guitars. Being the reason why she was capable of changing my intention going to that store..from only a survey into purchasing one. By the way, she did give me a very good guitar.. I have it with me safely kept until now.

What determines a good marketing~? First of all, I have to make an observation.. I come from technical background. Thus, I do not know much about marketing. And of course I have to look at few good examples of successful marketing activities. The only one that has always been my good reference is Airasia... They sell their tagline; Now anyone can fly.. and they prove it with their low cost fares. Within one year, they offer few periodical promotions and they work~! Most of the time they are offering some kind of promotions, flight tickets will be fully-booked... but on the other hands, I don't understand how could they bear the so-called promotions.. with the cheapest fares compared to others and still they are making very high profits... (I need to ask them lah~!) :p

I have been talking about marketing, and I left behind the most important question... What is the product that I am going to market~? For the time being, I don't have any specific item to be promoted to the public.. but who knows, someday in future I might be having one good product to talk about.. only time will tell.. and I think I need to take a break right here~! I'll continue with this marketing stuff soon..

0 comments: