conceptnova

Helping you to bring your concepts and ideas to life.

What is Failure~??

There's one simple definition that best suits the meaning of Failure 'an act that fails'
While other than that can simply be..'not successful'.. Don't tell me you never experienced any failures in your life, coz I'm not buying it.. The arguement that I'd like to raise here is, do we learn from it~? Well, most people do..but some people don't.. I don't like failure~! Especially in doing something that I am very interested in.. it hurts~! and makes me feel like I am a perfect loser..

There are few possible factors that may lead you to failures:

  • Not well-prepared before you start doing something..
  • Insufficient materials/resources..
  • You under-estimate the problems..
    (i.e. over-confident with you capabilities)
  • Miss-communication

Now let us go thru those factors in details. There might be more than I've already mentioned above, but lets begin with the fundamentals:

NOT WELL-PREPARED BEFORE YOU START DOING SOMETHING
This is the most famous and main cause of a failure.
Why did she fails~? ..because she wasn't prepared to do it. Preparation seems to be the most important thing to do before action is taken. For example, if I need to instal an application into a server ..I need to come up with a strategy, what comes first and what is next. And once the strategy has been designed, I need to follow it during implemantations. Or else, I will fail... I cannot expect everything can be done as planned. Especially when working on something that requires 'try and error' methods.

INSUFFICIENT MATERIALS/RESOURCES
This can be considered as secondary factor of a failure. Slightly related to not being well-prepared, we have to define everything that is required before necessary action is taken. I'll throw in a very basic example, if I were to design a graphic.. of course I'll need to get a Photoshop software installed on my pc.. or else, I'd rather go watch tv.. Meaning to say, working on something without sufficient materials or resources can never succeed~!

UNDER-ESTIMATING THE PROBLEMS
This is not so popular compared to those 2 causes mentioned above. But you need to take this seriously. Let say when you already have a strategy that complies with the action, and you are equipped with sufficient materials/resources.. and yet, you still fail. This could be caused by your ownself being too confident of doing it. So suddenly you realize that the knowledge required to solve the problem is out of your reach... Now that I know.. apart of being well-prepared, I also need to define the problem first and ask myself.. 'Do I have the capacity~?'

MISS-COMMUNICATION
Again..this another factor that doesn't seem to be popular, but can still happen. Communication is very important especially when you're working in team. Even if you're working alone, you still need to communicate with your customer/client. As long as everyone involved in the project knows what is going on, miss-communication will not be an issue anymore. It does happen.. and will surely lead to failures..

Conlusion.. if you're ok with all factors mentioned above, you're 95% on the right path.. so if you wanna do something, do it seriously~!!

0 comments: