conceptnova

Helping you to bring your concepts and ideas to life.

Orchestral Conducting..


What is conducting?
The conductor’s art is seemingly shrouded in mystery, but Denise Ham removes the mystique and demonstrates a technique that anyone can acquire, regardless of gender or physical build.

Well, it was only about 5 years ago when I suddenly realized that being an orchestral conductor is the actual career that I am looking into. I've been playing music instruments since secondary school. I've also been performing on stage so many times that some of them I might have even forgotten. But the truth is, I used to be on stage as a guitarist, bassist and drummer. Lately, I began to learn more about playing flute.

I was supposed to join ASWARA for August intake this year, but sadly failed of doing so. I'm afraid there are still few things which are more important need to be taken care of first. Hopefully I can make it next year..no matter what~! I need to be very realistic if I want to achieve my goals. I knew there's no way that I can straight away get my degree from ASWARA. And thus, I'm applying for diploma in Music. A stepping-stone that I can't get rid of. So just be it~! I'm gonna give it a shot and we'll see what would become of the next step when I'm done with my diploma. I really look forward to join them...

This is Erwin Gutawa (photo), an Orchestral Conductor from Indonesia. He's been my only idol for quite some times. He was the one conducting the orchestra during Datuk Siti's concert at Royal Albert Hall few years ago. This picture was taken after P.Ramlee Musical Theatre at Istana Budaya last year. He was the only reason that led me to the show. I waited for nearly one hour after the show before he showed up. It's been a great night that I could never forget. I knew how hard it takes to become someone like him, but at least I'd like to walk through whatever possibilities so that I can finally become an orchestral conductor.

There are also few popular Malaysian conductors. Among those that I really enjoy watching are Ramli M.S. and Mustapha Fuzer Nawi (OSK).. Mr.Mustapha was the conductor during Idris Sardi concert at Istana Budaya.. quite awesome. I met him once and had a little talk about his career. Mr.Ramli has always been on TV eversince he was the Principle of Akademi Fantasia 2.. but I have never met him in person until now.

My dad and my future wife are giving their full supports to me. He even told me that it is never too late~! I bet I couldn't agree more.. He taught me how to play guitar when I was still a small kid. And at this point of time, my only concern is to ensure that I'm going to submit my application form for upcoming intake next year. It took me almost a year to convince myself that this is the actual direction that I should be heading to... Wish me luck guys~! ;)

0 comments: