conceptnova

Helping you to bring your concepts and ideas to life.

Agro-Biotec 2008 Expo

I woke-up early this morning and went to the expo with Hendra.. with high hopes. Of course we both have our own agenda going to that expo. It is true that the expo covers big area of space, full with canopies. But as we went through booth by booth, we didn't find exactly what we're looking for... If I were to compare this expo to MAHA, this expo is nothing~!! With no one borthered to entertain you (unlike MAHA where every participant entertained every visitor), make you wonder why do we need to have this kind of so-called expo~??

This is the only reason why we went to that expo.. I thought we might wanna find out if there's any suitable parties that we could be working together with, but unfortunately non of the participants are selling this product. Was it because this fish is not strong enough in the market~? I don't know..

However, we came across something else that is new to both of us.. Ketam Nipah~! Selling price for this type of crab is RM28/kg (Catfish is about RM3-RM4/kg).. By the end of maturity period (60 days), the number of crabs that are alive is rated at 100% from the day they are being farmed (Catfish is about 70%).. It doesn't require wide space of area for farming unlike catfish, and they only eat 'ikan kembung'.. We were told that this is a new agricultural product in domestic market (is it~?) and I don't think I know anything about it. As for now, I need to search for as many related materials as possible before we can decide on moving to Plan B..

But what about this one~? The selling price for Ketutu is around RM80/kg.. crazy huh~! But of course the selling price tells you something that I don't really like.. conditions of the water.. it has to be clean all the time towards maturity, and most importantly what do they eat~? Farming period for one round is 90 days and above.. which means you need to feed them with live prawns every day~!!! And how much does it cost to feed them for the whole 3 months~? Mannn.. I can't stick with it...

And this one.. has got nothing to do with those mentioned above~! :p
I took this pic at one of the booth.. I didn't know they are so tiny. I first saw them only on animated movie called 'Finding Nemo'.. pretty cute huh~?

0 comments: